Sunday 19 January 2014

The Mortal Instruments ramble

This is going to contin spoilers about the Mortal Instruments series.

I have now read all five books and I don't even have words for how amazing they are. I read the first four in just over a week but then I had to go back to sixth form so it took me a bit longer to read the fith one. The sixth, and final book comes out in May which is going to feel like forever.

I hated the whole 'Jace and Clary are brother and sister' thing in the first few books because it was just horrible. I really wanted it to be a lie and then I found out that it was a lie and I was over the moon. But then they had to go and let Jace get all possessed by Lilith and I was angry again. Then he was linked to Sebastion and it all irritates me. Can they please just let Jace and Clary be together and happily?

Okay so now let's talk about Malec aka Magnus and Alec. I love these two so much! I am beyond pissed off about the end of City of Lost Souls. I ended up curled up in a ball on the floor rocking back and fourth chanting "why why why why" of about seven hours. It was the fact that their relationship was a secret because Alec didn't want people to know that he was gay because it's looked down on. Plus Magnus is a warlock, a downworlder, and people don't approve of Shadowhunters being with downworlders. Alec nearly died in the first book and Magnus saved his life. Then in City if Glass the wards were broken ad the whole city was under attack, but Alec just wanted to know why Magnus hadn't called him back. Then Magnus told Alec that he loved him. Then they were together for a while and it was adorable, then Alec tried to look for a way for them to be together for a long time because Magnus is immortal. And you get a jealous Alec when he meets one of Magnus' exes. But the it all gets ruined. They break up. And I cried.

I didn't really see Simon and Izzy together throughout the first few books. But it was mostly in City of Lost Souls that I really began to like the idea of them being together because I thought they were so cute. Plus you have the whole, Izzy being afraid to love anyone and Simon trying to deal with being a vampire.

In the sixth book, apparently six named characters die. I am in denil about believing that it might be Alec or Magnus because if it is then I will probably jump off a cliff. I'm hoping it's going to be people that I either don't like or people that we don't really know too well. And if Malec to not get back together then I will cry for years and if something stops Jace and Clary from being together agin I will punch someone.

Claire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment