Sunday 12 November 2017

New Books

I picked up a few books the other day and thought I'd share what I got with you. I've posted a lot about makeup recently so I figured it was time for some books.


First is Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris which I picked up because its Charlaine Harris and also because its Midnight Texas! This is the first book of a series that has become a TV series called Midnight Texas which is on Syfy and I really loved the first season of it and when I saw this in the 3 for £5 offer I just had to get it. Its about a town called Midnight which is inhabited by lots of supernatural beings. I'm really excited to read it since I love the show so much!

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is a very popular book that I've heard so many good things about. Its about a young girl who lives in two worlds: the poor neighbourhood where she grew up and the posh high school in the suburbs. She struggles after witnessing the fatal shooting of her friend by a police officer. It tackles some very real problems in the world which makes it even more of an interesting read.

Finally The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch which is the 6th book in the Peter Grant series. I actually haven't gotten around to reading any of this series yet but it is a series I really want to read and I couldn't not pick this up as it was in the 3 for £5 offer. I will hopefully start this series soon especially since I now have the 6th book!

- Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment