Wednesday 15 November 2017

Another Book Haul

I'm actually ill right now which is why I'm finding the time to post this today. I apologise for any mistakes, I'm not 100% today at all. But this week I bought 6 new books, well I say new but they're all charity shop purchase so they're all second hand.





First up is The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I have heard great things about this book and I've wanted it for ages so when I stumbled across it at my charity shop I had to put it aside so I could buy it myself. It's about a boy called Todd Hewitt who lives in a town where everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts which is the main thing that attracted me to this book. I don't really know much else about it but I'm really looking forward to reading it.



I also got Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman mostly because its Neil Gaiman. The main character is Fat Charlie Nancy and his dad dies but then he discovers that his dad was Anansi the trickster spider god. One of the reviews on it says "Bizare, bonkers...rather brilliant" so I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it.



Next is The Melancholy Death Of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton which I had to get. I love Tim Burton's movies so when I saw this I just couldn't resist. It has wonderful illustrations in it too which I love and I will probably read this over the next couple of days. 



I also found Fade Out by Rachel Caine which is book 7 of The Morganville Vampires series. If you cant guess its a series about vampires and the main character is called Claire so that influenced me to start the series. This was the next book I needed to buy and when I saw it in a charity shop I had to get it.



Then there's Not Working by Lisa Owens which I hadn't heard of before I saw it in the charity shop. I was attracted by the bright yellow spine and then I read the blurb and I had to get it. It's about a woman called Claire (again, I know) who leaves her job but doesn't know what to do next and she loves entering competitions on the internet which is something I too enjoy. Because it was so relatable to me I just had to get it, plus it sounds really great.



Finally, another Neil Gaiman book and this one is Smoke And Mirrors which is a collection of short fiction. I am a great lover of Neil Gaiman's books and the best thing about short stories is you can read them in between other books and you can read them in one sitting rather than spending all day reading a whole book (which I am definitely guilty of). This is another book I will start reading real soon.

- Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment