Thursday 21 August 2014

Updates and New Books

Hey there, today I'm just giving you all a few updates and whatnot. First of all, on Tuesday it was my mum and dads 25th wedding anniversary and I spent all day tidying the house, making drinks and food, and just being a good host overall. I worked really hard all day and ended up being given £30 from my grandparents. So overall, it was a success. I do know that I'll probably end up spending all the money on books (even though I shouldn't because I have too many that I still have to read) just have to decide what books to buy.

About a week ago (less than a week I think) I won two books from goodreads first reads and they said to allow 4-6 weeks for them to arrive, but they arrived today.


They are both beautiful hardbacks which makes me really happy. The Relic Guild is a fantasy novel and the back says "In his long years in the Labyrinth, Samuel had witnessed many strange and terrible things, and nothing was ever as it seemed..." I'm really looking forward to reading it. The Fair Fight is set in Victorian times and the characters seem to vary from very poor people, to incredibly rich ones and it has a few 5 star ratings on goodreads already. I shall read both these books as soon as I can and review them on here and on goodreads.

Link to Thr Relic Guild: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22041733-the-relic-guild
Link to The Fair Fight: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22430677-the-fair-fight

I will be posting a lot more about books on here as I'm really getting into reading again and loving the idea of reviewing book, especially since I got the books from goodreads. But I will still post about other stuff too.

Claire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment