Friday 7 March 2014

'The Ranting Games' or Better Known as 'My Rant about the Hunger Games'

   I have recently finished reading the Hunger Games series and it was amazing. I had seen the first two films before I read them, as I have had so much to read lately, and I enjoyed the first two books a bit more than I did the films. This is mostly because you get a more in depth view of Katniss' emotions which you don't get so much in the films. And now for my official rant about the first book haha! (The rant does not take into account anything that happens after the first book)

*SPOILER ALERT GUYS*

   Okay, to begin with I shall discuss the whole 'should Katniss be with Peeta or Gale' debate. Don't get me wrong, I love Gale, it's just that I prefer Katniss with Peeta. He has been in love with her since they were 5 years old. They saved each other numerous times in the games and they grew so close to one another. I think that Katniss just needs to admit that she does love him. She's just confused because she's just been in the Hunger Games. All of her actions in the games, calling out his name when she found out that they could both win and the way she risked her own life to save him, all indicate that she loves him. I understand that they've both been through hell but they both gained one good thing from the games, they gained each other.

  I understand that the games are there for a reason, that the Capitol must keep control of the districts and everything. But why has no one tried to stop the games from taking place? Surely not everyone in the Capitol wants to watch teenagers and children fight to death in an arena. I know that I wouldn't want to watch it. Are the people there really that messed up? Do they really not care at all? I just find it so hard to believe that so many people would just sit back and do nothing about the games at all. I know that it would be really difficult to try to stop the games, but they could at least try.

   Rue. Why must authors kill people? Especially the most loveable ones. Rue was brilliant. She was also 12 years old. I guess her death was a way of showing how ruthless the Capitol are and that even the most innocent and kind people can be killed for no real reason. The scene of her death was heartbreaking. I cried so much, even though I'd seen the film so I know what was going to happen. The scene was just so much more emotional in the book as you knew how Katniss was feeling, what she was thinking, and it just hit you a lot harder. It was definitely my least favourite part of the book.

   Can I also just say that I can't believe each year all the tributes just go along with the games and try to kill one another. Why don't they all just agree not to kill each other? Would that not work? Would the Capitol just kill them all instead? I don't know. I think some of the tributes can be really quite ruthless too. I mean take Cato for example, he got in a mood and just snapped some poor kid's neck. It's just so rude. How can someone be like that? It's quite disturbing really. I would not want to fight him in the games. How lucky was Katniss though? I think quite a bit of it was luck. She was lucky to not be killed at the very beginning, then she was lucky that the nest was near her in the tree so she could escape. It's a whole load of amazing miraculous luck!
 
   I have now begun reading the second book and I will probably rant about that too when I finish it haha! If you haven't read the Hunger Games I suggest you do because you're really missing out on an amazing book.

Claire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment