Wednesday 19 February 2014

Divergent

I read Divergent several weeks ago. I read it in a day, it was that good. I'd heard quite a bit about it, from friends and on the internet too, so I thought I'd see what it was like. It is also being made into a film which will come out this year so I really wanted to read it before seeing it at the cinema.

It's a futuristic book which is based around a girl called Tris, or Beatrice. Once you are in your last year of school, when you are 16, you have to choose a faction. There are five factions; Abnegation, Erudite, Amity, Candor and Dauntless. Beatrice, along with the rest of her year group must take a test to discover which faction they truly belong in. When Beatrice takes her test, Tori, the woman testing her, tells her that she is Divergent. This means that she does not belong in any particular faction because she has qualities from several.

She then has to choose for herself where she wants to go. If she wants to leave Abnegation and her family or not. She chooses Dauntless. Dauntless proves to be quite a challenge for Tris and she must overcome many fears and obsticals. Along the way she meets Four and she ends up falling for him. She must face her deepest fears and build up her strength to fit in to Dauntless. Along the way she has to hide the fact that she is divergent as if people were to find out then it would not end well.

I really loved this book because it really drags you into the story and I made me feel worried about Tris' problems and I began stressing over them when they weren't even my problems at all! It is a brilliant read and I recommend it to anyone who likes futuristic YA books and I garuntee by the end you will want the next book in the series!

Claire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment