Wednesday 27 June 2018

Book Haul

I have bought several second hand books this month which I shouldn't really have done because I have so many already. So of course I thought I'd share what I got with you. All of these books were from charity shops and were really cheap.


First up is Paris For One And Other Stories by Jojo Moyes. I saw this in hardback in a charity shop and I could not resist getting it, short stories are so great for me when I get in a reading slump and I have heard nothing but great things about Jojo Moyes. It is full of stories about strong, relatable women so I'm really excited to read it. 

Then there's Perfect by Cecelia Ahern.This is the sequel to Flawed which I haven't actually read yet but when I saw this in hardback I had to get it. I'm really excited to reads these young adult books, I have collected a lot of Cecelia Ahern's books. Its about a girl who lives in a society that demands perfection and sounds right up my street.



Next is Lullaby and Wake by Amanda Hocking. I saw these two in a charity shop and its about three new girls in town who are not quite what they seem. I don't know much about this series but they seem really interesting.



Foretold and Forgiven are both books from The Demon Trappers series by Jana Oliver. What I didn't realise when I picked these up is that they are the 3rd and 4th books of a series. I got them because they sounded like the perfect kind of fantasy books I would love but now I have to hunt for the first 2 first.



I had to pick up A Dance With Dragons 2: After The Feast by George R.R. Martin because it was the only book of the Game Of Thrones series I didn't own. I got all but one of the books from the series from a charity shop.

Next is Ink And Bone by Rachel Caine. Rachel Caine is the author of the Morganville Vampires series which I have read a couple of books from (so far) so I knew I liked her writing. It is the first book of The Great Library series which I'm sure is going to be another fantasy series I will love.

Finally, The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney. It is about a girl who has powerful magic that she tries to hide until the dark exiles of Faerie come along and she has to make a choice. It is a typical fantasy with a strong female lead which is my weakness.

- Claire



No comments:

Post a Comment