Tuesday 16 May 2017

Book Haul

So today I was out with my mum and my grandparents which means we went in a few charity shops. This means I got some books, so I thought I'd share with you what I got.


First of all there is Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan which I hadn't heard of before I saw it but the title intrigued me and the blurb even more so. It seems to be about two people in love who live in space alone. I'm not really sure but it sounds interesting and I'm a sucker for a love story.

Then there's Hotel Valhalla by Rick Riordan which is a Magnus Chase companion book. I will admit I haven't read Magnus chase yet but I plan to in the not too distant future and it was £1 so I couldn't resist.



Next is The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer which has been on my amazon wishlist for a while and as soon as I saw it in the charity shop I had to buy it. I'm not entirely sure what it's about but the blurb just intrigued me so much. "I'll tell you what happened because its a good way to introduce my brother. His name' Simon. I think you're going to like him. But in a couple of pages he'l be dead. And he was never the same after that."

I found a David Levithan book in a charity shop! I didn't even have to think for a second before getting this. I have a few books by him already and this one is Boy Meets Boy which I don't know much about. I love the books of his that I have read and I look forward to reading this too.


Then there's A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I can never resist a fantasy book, anything with witches or vampires or werewolves and I feel a need to own it. And apparently this one has witches, demons and vampires and of course a forbidden love. I'm excited to read it!

Finally, I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. Another book on my amazon wishlist I can now tick off. It's a thriller and I don't own many thrillers but this one was so hyped about when I came out so I had to get it. I'm actually so tempted to start it right now but I have to finish my other book first!

So that was my little haul, I only got six so I done well. I now have to find room for them somewhere!

- Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment