Saturday 1 October 2016

October TBR



October means Halloween so I tried to add some spooky books to my TBR this month. I've not done much reading recently, but I'm planning on getting myself back on a roll again. So here is my spooktacular October TBR!


 

First of all I have The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan. This is the second book in the cirque du freak series and I'm very excited to read it. It's also a very short book so it shouldn't take me long to finish. It's about a boy who becomes a half-vampire and must serve as the assistant to an old vampire. You may have seen the film! 

   


The second book in my October TBR is The Witch's Kiss by Katharine & Elizabeth Corr. I picked this up the other day because I thought it sounded good, it was the "some fairy tales are darker than others" part that got me. From what I gather it's about a teenage witch who falls in love with a guy who's part of an old curse. I added this to my October TBR because I thought it was the perfect Halloween book.


Next is Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I'm sure you've all heard of True Blood, this is the first book in the series. I enjoyed the show a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing how the books are. Another good one for the Halloween month.


Then we have A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. An obvious choice for this month. Its about a boy who keeps having the same dream until he wakes and there's something outside his window that wants the truth from him. I've heard many good things about this book and I'm sure it won't disappoint.



Cress by Marissa Meyer is actually the book I am currently reading. It's the third book in The Lunar Chronicles which is a collection of fairy tale retellings but with cyborgs and aliens. It's one of my favourite series' so far, I cannot wait to finish this book!



Finally, The Bronze Key by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare. This is the third book in the Magisterium series and I loved the first two. It reminds me a bit of Harry Potter but with different types of magic and a different plot. I look forward to finding out what happens with the amazing characters in this book. Anything by Cassandra Clare never disappoints me!


Claire xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment